I didn’t start my cleanse today. First of all, I didn’t make it to the store yesterday to buy supplies (you know, real food). Second, I knew today would be crazy (and it was), so starting a meditative cleanse probably wouldn’t be the best course of action. Third, I just wasn’t ready. Pumped. You know?
Instead, I spent a lot of time today finishing a big project, so that felt good. In the afternoon, I was energized by 90 minutes of gospel choir practice. I always feel so great after singing. Maybe I should sing for a living!
And I finally made it to the local co-op and bought (almost) everything on my list:
- Pears (they have these red ones that are so good I wonder if this wasn’t the fruit that Eve tricked Adam into eating…)
- Apples (a big bag!)
Spinach(decided kale was enough…) Carrots(forgot these, sigh…)
- Vegetable soup
- Lemon (went with the pre-squeezed – I can only manage so much fanciness in the kitchen)
- Fresh rosemary (oh yeah!)
- Ginger (for my green smoothies)
- Juice (supposed to be fresh-squeezed, but you know… ended up with “Orange-Carrot,” so I got my carrots anyway!)
- Dried apricots
- Dates (yes, this is a cleanse…)
- Puffed rice (for my grain phase)
- Almond milk (to go with the puffed rice)
- Quinoa cereal (for when I get tired of puffed rice)
Colon Cleanser(I decided to skip this – sounds a little frightening)
I already had my dandelion root tincture from last time (and the alternative health lady said that the alcohol makes them have a really long shelf life – like 6 years). And I already had herbal tea.
I got home to realize that I am almost out of olive oil… Oh well, perhaps I can make it until Monday. I try to stay away from stores on my sabbath (which is tomorrow!!!). Otherwise, I’ll make (I mean, ask) my dear husband buy some. He already has a request from my daughter to go buy cookie supplies (she’s baking for a Gay-Straight Alliance bake sale – requires rainbow frosting…).
And with that, I’m going to start my digital sabbath before my computer gets zapped by this thunderstorm.
Wish me luck! See you on Day 2 (Monday).
If you liked what you read, please share it with your friends.