Today marks the end of my nine-day cleanse.
I feel so good!!!
As somebody who has frequent “stomach issues,” it is magical to have no gnawing pain in the abdomen. I feel light and balanced.
I don’t know if this is the result of eating less, eating clean food, eating real food, drinking more, avoiding dairy and meat, avoiding gluten, taking a probiotic every morning, acupuncture, mindful eating, or slowing down.
My guess is it’s a combination of these things.
Considering how well I’m feeling, I want to continue to eat a primarily gluten-free, plant-based, un-processed diet. Here’s my plan:
- Drink a full glass of water and take a probiotic first thing in the morning.
- Eat primarily foods included in the third phase of the cleanse (fruits, vegetables, gluten-free whole grains, plant-based protein, fish, eggs, nuts (almonds & walnuts), and seeds at home.
- Focus on eating – and only eating – during meals. This also helps you feel full and satisfied longer.
- Drink a cup of tea after meals.
- Monthly acupuncture appointments.
- Indulge in special occasion sugar.
- Relax the “rules” when dining out or at somebody’s house.
- Make time for down time.
Remembering the Cleanse Feeling
I need a good way to remember how good I feel right now. To stay motivated. Because, as I re-learned early on during this cleanse, eating well is hard work!
I guess there are a few options:
- Reread this post
- Tie a string around my finger
- Wear a reminder bracelet
- Put a big sign somewhere in the kitchen
- Set up an automated email reminder
After much debating (and watching the end of Sense and Sensibility), I have decided to go with the last option. And I discovered a new online tool in the process:
HassleMe will now be sending me a daily reminder that says “Eat cleanse food to feel good!”
Let’s see if it works…
Over to You!
How do you remember things?
If you liked what you read, please share it with your friends.